Thursday, November 10, 2011

Make ahead lunches!

Who doesnt want to save time?? If your a busy mom like me, you'll welcome any tips and tricks that will save you an extra 5 or ten minutes in the morning! I'll show you how you can prepeare a whole weeks worth of school lunches in 30 minutes! I have 2 kids but only one of them take lunch to school (the other is in daycare) but i also prepare my hubby's lunches!

I got my baggies and my slices of bread.
I prepared egg salad and tuna salad ahead of time which only took about ten minutes and started assembling. I did 2 of each of the following
2 tuna sandwiches
2 egg salad sandwiches
2 cheese sandwiches
2 cheese pizza's
I also prepared some chicken nuggets that i buy frozen but fully cooked so it only takes ten min to bake in the oven!



I also prepared;
 10 baggies of grapes
 10 baggies of sliced oranges
 8 cheese sticks (my daughter has dairy & meat days)
10 individual bags of chips
10 granola bars
10 juice boxes

Btw now is a great time to buy those big boxes of individual chip & snack bags because they go on sale after Halloween! I bought a 60 bag box of lays chips for $4.99 which is less than half of the pre Halloween price!
The plastic container i used to put my lunches in are shoe boxes and they work great!

Its really easy if you just take 30 min to do this you save so much time in the morning trying to figure out what to do for lunch everyday! You can use whatever your kids like, make a list of things they like to take to lunch and make sure to always have them on hand. Also i like to make sure my daughter eats some fresh fruit and veggies and even though she's a super picky eater if you get a little creative you'd be surprised at what you can get them to eat and love!

Here are some more fun snack ideas for kids

Sliced apple wedges with homemade caramel dip.












Strawberries and chocolate dipping sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment