Monday, November 14, 2011

DIY Magnet board!

This is my project for today! I love the idea of reusing  cans to store art supplies like crayons, pencils, glue scissors ect... I looked into buying one of these magnetic boards but found they can be quite pricey so i decided to make one myself! I purchased all the supplies and this should cost about 10 to make!
In order to make this you will need;
Sheet metal - I used a 12x17" piece pre-cut from Rona (cost- around $8.00)
Tin cans (free)
Magnets (dollar store $2.00)
Contact Paper
Glue gun
                                                                                   
Cover the piece of sheet metal with your choice of contact paper. Clean cans thoroughly and use your hot glue gun to glue small magnets to the back of each can. You can also label them if you'd like. I use picture hanging strips to hang up my magnet board instead of drilling holes as i often move stuff around. This is so easy to make and so versatile, I'm looking to find some chalkboard contact paper to cover my magnet board instead of plain contact paper so the kids can use it as a chalkboard as well!




No comments:

Post a Comment