Friday, April 19, 2013

More art for my boys room!

I wanted to make a nice canvas painting for the boys room with their name on it rather than hanging wall letters that i find to be cute but very babyish! I think seeing as how they share a room this is more fitting!
I decided to go with a Chevron pattern which i love! I used a ruler to sketch my design out in pencil, i found it alot easier to use a piece of cardstock which i then cut out and used as my template on the canvas that way they would all be the same and even!
  It's a little hard to see the pencil marks!

Sticking to my color scheme of blue and orange i started by painting the blue pattern! 



I forgot to take a picture but the letters i bought from the dollar store were plain wood letters that i painted orange. I then used my glue gun to glue the letters to the canvas after the paint had dried! I'm going to make a second one for my older son in the opposite colors (orange chevron with blue letters).
Im pretty happy with the results! I just haven't decided yet if i will hang it on the wall or maybe just get a wall shelf and prop it on there!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment